Registrar's Office

The Registrar's Office is responsible for maintaining the integrity and security of student records. The Registrar's Office issues the College course catalog, the student handbook, Enrollment Certification (Immatrikulationsbescheinigung) and all certificates and forms concerning student enrollment and course or program completion.

Request a transcript

A transcript is an official record listing all courses taken throughout a student’s tenure at Bard College Berlin, the grades and credits earned for those courses and a final GPA. 

Students may request transcripts from the Registrar’s Office. Requests will be processed as quickly as possible. Please allow at least five working days to process a request; extra time may be necessary during peak periods (e.g. end of semester, registration, etc.). Bard College Berlin charges a fee of €4 for transcripts to destinations outside of Germany and €2 for transcripts to destinations within Germany. Transcripts that are picked up from the Registrar's Office are free of charge and will be stamped “Issued to the Student”

To request a transcript students should fill out a Transcript Request Form (linked below).

Official transcripts can only be picked-up in person or sent via mail in paper form. Unofficial transcripts can be sent in digital form, but will not have the Registrar's signature or official stamp, and will say "UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT" at the top. 

Official transcripts will not be issued to anyone whose financial obligations to Bard College Berlin have not been met. Current students also cannot obtain a transcript if there is an administrative hold on their student account.

Email and attach a scanned Transcript Request Form to:

Enrollment and Registration (All students)

  • Emergency Contact Form
    All new students should submit an emergency contact on their enrollment agreement upon acceptance to the College. You can update this contact using the Emergency Contact Form.
  • Students can request Enrollment Certification (Immatrikulationsbescheinigung) by contacting the Registrar’s Office via their Bard College Berlin email address or in person.
  • Add/Drop Request Form
    Students may add/drop courses during the first two full weeks of each semester by submitting the Add/Drop Request Form to the Registrar’s Office.
  • Additional/Lower Course Load Request Form
    Students may request to take an additional or lower course load using the Additional/Lower Course Load Request Form.
  • Auditing Request Form
    Auditing is not currently allowed in Bard College Berlin courses. In exceptional cases, a course instructor may submit a petition requesting that a student be given permission to audit a course. The instructor should complete the Auditing Request Form.
  • Leave of Absence
    Students may request a Leave of Absence using this form.
  • Withdrawal from the College/Change of Program Form
    Students use the Withdrawal from the College/Change of Program Form to formally withdraw from the College or to request a change in program. 
  • Disability Registration
  • Disability Registration Form
    Bard College Berlin is committed to providing appropriate accommodations for students with a certified disability in order for them to complete their program of study. Please see the Health Services page for more information.

Program Requirements (BA students only)

  • BA2 students
  • Declaration of Concentration
    BA2 students need to declare their concentration at the moderation interview taking place in week 13 of the 4th semester.
  • BA3 students

    BA3 students studying at an institution abroad during the 5th/6th semester will need to complete a Learning Agreement. The Learning Agreement should be completed in consultation with the student’s Academic Advisor and submitted by the end of the Add/Drop period (i.e. week 2) of the semester being spent abroad. Students due to study abroad will receive a copy of the relevant Learning Agreement via email from the Registrar’s Office.
  • BA4 students
  • Declaration of BA Thesis Title
    BA4 students must submit the title of the thesis and the name of the supervisor and of the second reviewer to the Examination Board for approval at the end of week 13 in semester 1 of the 4th academic year.
  • Independent Study
  • Petition for Independent Study
    In exceptional cases, academic credit may also be awarded for successful completion of an independent study project outside Bard College Berlin's regular course structure, provided the project has demonstrated academic value. Students interested in pursuing an independent study project should fill out a Petition for Independent Study and submit it to the Registrar's Office.
  • Credit Transfer

    Students wishing to transfer credit towards the Bard College Berlin BA program should first consult their Academic Advisor. After this initial consultation, students should contact the Registrar’s Office for further information on the process and to formally request credit recognition. The semester deadline for requesting the transfer of credit is the end of week 5.  Students transferring to the BA program at the College must also follow this procedure in order to receive formal recognition of their previous university studies. 
Quick Links