Every year we invite prominent writers to campus for special sessions. Past guests have included:
- Jennie Livingston, Director of Paris Is Burning (1990).
- Clare Wigfall, award-winning fiction writer and author of The Loudest Sound and Nothing (2007).
- Susanna Forrest, writer, editor, and author of The Age of the Horse (2016).
- Felicitas Hoppe, recipient of the Georg-Büchner Prize, the most prestigious literary award in Germany, and author of numerous works of narrative fiction.
- Katy Derbyshire, translator of German works into English, including Hoppe’s Picnic of the Virtues, and founder of the blog, love german books.
- Kathrin Röggla, playwright and author of the novel, We Never Sleep (2004).
- Rajeev Balasubramanyam, award-winning novelist and author of In Beautiful Disguises (2000), The Dreamer (2010), and Starstruck (2016).