Bard College Berlin News
New Faculty Joining BCB in Fall 2023
Prof. Dr. Kai Koddenbrock has joined the faculty as Professor of Political Economy. His work includes research on economic sovereignty and self-determination in the Global South, the international monetary system, global and domestic financial markets, as well as geopolitics and geoeconomics. He is the co-founder of the African Monetary and Economic Sovereignty conferences, co-leads the Politics of Money Network, and heads a research group at the “Africa Multiple” Cluster of Excellence at the University of Bayreuth. Read more about Prof. Dr. Koddenbrock in this BCB feature article.
Prof. Dr. Stephan Müller has joined the faculty as Professor of Economics. He holds a PhD in Economics from the University of Kassel, and before joining Bard College Berlin was a postdoc at the Chair of Microeconomics at the University of Göttingen. His research interests are in the fields of behavioral economics, evolutionary economics, and organizational economics. He analyzes the dynamics of individual decision-making, such as monetary incentives, behavioral and cognitive biases, and social norms. Read more about Prof. Dr. Müller in this BCB feature article.
In addition, the following artists and scholars have joined BCB as guest faculty:
- Raphael Beil (Diploma of Fine Arts, Alanus University of Arts and Social Sciences) co-founded the School of Sculpture located in Monopol in Berlin Reinickendorf together with fellow new guest faculty Tobia Silvotti, and will be teaching sculpture.
- Sebastian Brass (PhD Germanic Languages and Literatures, Harvard University) teaches and writes on German language and literature. He has taught courses on realism and the fantastic, Marx–Nietzsche–Freud, and ecocriticism, as well as language classes.
- Giulia Clabassi (MA Philosophy, University of Roma Tre) is currently completing her PhD at Humboldt University of Berlin researching ancient philosophy and the philosophy of science through Book VIII of Aristotle's Physics.
- Dr. Jeremiah Day (PhD Humanities, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam) is a multidisciplinary artist spanning photography, performance, and installation, with a focus on politics as lived experience.
- Nadania Idriss (MA Art History, University of Victoria) is the founder and managing director of Berlin Glas e.V. and Berlin Glassworks GmbH, and the current President of the Glass Art Society.
- Gilad Nir (PhD Philosophy, University of Chicago) is currently a postdoctoral fellow at the University of Potsdam, where his current research project focuses on the historical transformation of concepts and principles of reasoning.
- Antonia von Schöning (PhD Media & Cultural Studies, Bauhaus University Weimar) is a postdoctoral researcher and lecturer at the Humboldt University of Berlin whose research interests include cultural techniques of creativity, digital humanities, art theory, and media ecologies.
- Tobia Silvotti (BA Fine Arts, Central Saint Martins) co-founded the School of Sculpture with Raphael Beil and creates stone artworks using a variety of techniques and stone materials.
- Tobias Wuttke (PhD International Studies, Roskilde University Denmark) previously worked for the German development organization GIZ in Botswana and Nigeria, and now researches the intersection of development economics and global political economy.
Post Date: 08-31-2023